What Do We Know about Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors?
The negative electrode of an aluminum electrolytic capacitor is an aluminum cylinder filled with liquid electrolyte, which is then put into the positive electrode, a bent aluminum strip. To create an oxide film as a medium on the positive plate, it must also be subjected to DC voltage. What is there to learn about aluminum’s best electrolytic capacitors?
Use aluminum electrolytic capacitors with caution.
- To begin with, it must be clear that aluminum electrolytic capacitors will deteriorate. Only a matter of time will pass. The lifespan of capacitors is impacted by various factors, including overvoltage, reverse voltage, high temperatures, rapid charge, discharge, etc. The temperature has the greatest effect when used normally since the electrolyte evaporates more quickly at higher temperatures. It should be emphasized that the temperature, in this case, relates to the aluminum foil’s working temperature rather than the ambient or surface temperature.
- The electrolytic capacitors withstand voltage value cannot be exceeded by the circuit’s actual voltage. The capacitors withstand voltage in the filter circuit shouldn’t be less than 1.42 times the AC’s RMS value. Remember to keep the positive and negative poles in the correct order when utilizing electrolytic capacitors. Contact Beryl if you’re thinking about purchasing aluminum capacitors; it has 18 years of experience in the industry.
Capacitors made of aluminum have advantages.
- Compared to other types of capacitors, the capacitance per unit volume is tens to hundreds of times higher.
- The rated capacity is extremely high and can easily exceed tens of thousands for perhaps a few f. (but cannot be compared with the electric double layer capacitance).
- Because the components of electrolytic capacitors are typical industrial materials, the pricing has a clear advantage over other varieties. Aluminum electrolytic capacitors manufacturing equipment is also standard industrial equipment that can be mass-produced and is reasonably priced.